This community was born out of my struggle against increasingly totalitarian-like policies in my work place that have resulted in a seriously toxic and racially hostile environment. I aim to connect and engage with others who also seek to discuss, understand and fight “woke” ideology in their workplaces, schools or other institutions, in whatever manner is best for them.
During my struggles at Smith College, I realized that the best thing I can do for myself and others is build strong, broad coalitions of support. If we can find each other, we can empower each other to break free of enforced ideologies that limit our ability to think and speak freely, mobilize to help enact change on a local and national level, and lead more authentic and honest lives.
This community is a forum for connection and expression. By sharing my own struggles fighting “woke” ideology at a powerful institution like Smith College, I hope to inspire others to take their own action, in whatever way is best for them.
When you join, you’ll get access to content and discussion not only about my own struggles with Smith College, but to others in the community who seek to forge honest, authentic connections and support in their own push back on “woke” ideology.
Here are some of the things we’ll do:
- Ongoing dialogue: I will be posting frequently on how I am feeling about my workplace situation and support and encourage others who wish to do the same. I will also post about situations at other institutions. We’ll have discussions about our respective situations. The only requirement for membership is that “woke” ideology has come to affect your life in a negative way and you wish to push back against it in a constructive manner.
- Media Club: We’ll watch films and/or read books and engage in live community discussions that will help us better understand the rapidly growing, destructive grip of woke-ism and how it affects our daily lives and our communities.
- Peer Support: We will offer each other support and camaraderie to help endure the negative impact of woke-ism in our lives and share practical ideas for how to counter the effects.
- Call to Action: We will brainstorm ways to effect change, small or large.
- In-Person Engagement: All paying members will have access to once weekly remote zoom meet-ups. Nothing beats talking to each other live in real time.
- Exclusive content: When you join this community, you’ll be the first to get access to videos about my situation at Smith College.
Membership has its privileges. Membership starts at $3/month. For this amount, you will not only be helping to support my own (and other staff member’s) legal battle against Smith College, you’ll be able to meet others, participate in discussions, join the media club, attend regular zoom meetings, and contact me directly.
I have a long road ahead of me and your support means a lot in that regard. It will help me to support myself if Smith College should decide to terminate me. It will also help me with my goal of creating and supporting a grass roots community of support for others.
United we stand.
Please respect the following community guidelines to maintain an enjoyable environment:
- Keep conversation respectful, without personal attacks
- Don’t blow up other members’ feeds. If someone isn’t responding to you, let it be
- No pornography
- Keep out behavior that could be seen as trolling/spamming
- Relax, be yourself, and enjoy